Periodic musings of a former corporate executive who is between gigs.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Vegas, Part Deux

I have THE PLAN! Today I won LOTS of money playing video poker. I know, I know.... it's unusual and it certainly hasn't happened to me often. But the Gaming Gods were with me today and I hit it big.

So it got me to thinking. Maybe I could forget about finding another job and just play poker for a living. You know, like those guys on the World Series of Poker. Wouldn't that be a way to really enjoy life? To spend all your "working" hours in Vegas drinking and playing cards?!? If you have to have a job, that's not a bad one to choose.

The only problem I see with this plan is that while I am great at video poker (well, when the Gaming Gods appear...), I have minimal experience playing real poker. As in I couldn't tell you the difference between Texas Hold 'Em or Omaha poker. (And, by the way, why are all the poker games named after Mid-Western states when all the gambling is in Las Vegas and Atlantic City? That doesn't seem right).

I wonder if there are Poker Trainers? You know, like Fitness Trainers except for Poker? And if there are, do they actually keep all the money that they win from you while teaching you? If so, that could be an expensive proposition.

Perhaps I should just buy a bunch of lottery tickets. Or play the MegaBucks slot machine, which I see is up to $16 million today.

Or maybe I should just enjoy the rest of the weekend and give up the fantasy of never having to work again. Yeah, that's probably the best option. Not too many people walk away from Vegas as a winner, even if they are winning big on a Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment