Periodic musings of a former corporate executive who is between gigs.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

First Post!

It's a new year, so why not a new blog?

For those of you who have read my prior blogs (probably just my Dad), this is a new twist on the old formula. Those blogs were about traveling the globe for work. This one will be about NOT traveling the world and NOT working. Well, maybe there will be some travel. It just won't be for work.

Yep, that's right. As of December 31, 2010, I am free to do as I please every day. Well, at least until the money runs out. But I think that will be awhile and so I intend to make the absolute most of this time off. I'm sure there will be ups and downs along the way and I'll share them with you. I also hope there will be some laughs and you'll enjoy seeing what I'm doing (or NOT doing) on a regular basis.

My greatest wish is that readers who are not members of my family (ie, not obligated to read this) will find this blog and learn that losing one's job can actually be a big gift. A gift of time, a gift of enhancing relationships, a gift of making new friends and a gift of learning more about yourself. So, fasten your seatbelts. We're taking off!

No comments:

Post a Comment